How to assess postsurgical scars: A review of outcome measures
- Vercelli, S., Ferriero, G., Sartorio, F., Stissi, V., and Franchignoni, F.
- Purpose. Complications of surgical incision include pathological scars with functional, cosmetic or psychological consequences. Postsurgical scar assessment is fundamental for a complete functional evaluation and as an outcome measure. Scar assessment scales are here reviewed and discussed from a clinical and psychometric point of view, with a clear definition of different scar parameters.
- <Go to ISI>://WOS:000272183600001
- Disability and Rehabilitation
- Publication year:
- Symptom status:
- Cognitive/mental state
- Adults (18-65)
- Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified
- PRO / non-PRO:
- Non-patient Reported Outcome
- Type of measurement instrument:
- 6 - Clinical rating scales
7 - Observations
9 - Laboratory tests